Saturday, June 29, 2013

Plantar Fasciitis

So I have become a guinea pig to determine what may help or may hurt my Plantar Fasciitis.

After seeing a cool looking workout toy which was a combined step and stepper on clearance at QVC, I tried my air-stepper just for a few seconds.  BIG mistake.  My problem went from very tolerable to quite intolerable as a result.  Actually felt the pain right up to the back of the knee! Yikes.
Our older son may be moving home for awhile till he can find employment after returning to the US from the UK.  To make room for his stuff, we were considering moving a huge glider from our living room corner outdoors.  For the heck of it, I stepped onto it to see how it would affect my foot.  That baby is staying inside because its foot padding feels like gravel on bare feet and walking on gravel is supposedly the best way of preventing and treating PF.  I will be using it a few minutes every time I enter our living room.

This morning I did some of Tracie Long's Longevity routines to which I had added MUsic.  I really enjoyed most of the combinations and tweaked the others.  I liked her simple but effective gliding disk stuff and substituted a heavier Zumba stick for her ball moves.  Some of the cardio was done on the bungee.  Quite honestly Tracie Long's voice never clicked for me so replacing the audio with *MUsic only* really worked for me.

Finished with alittle of Nia's Elbow routine.
Tracie worked the whole body nicely, mostly with a lower body focus.
Nia focused on the upper body so they were a good combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment