Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Burning a DVDr Movie with Video Files on WindowsOS

(Note: I think I found a better way to burn dvdrs that play in my new LG DP 132 DVD Player!  Not sure if my new technique will work on a MAC.  For more information, search the blog for LG DP 132)


I have burned every dvdr successfully with Freemake Video Converter (www.freemake.com) since dedicating my resources to burning a dvdr and doing nothing else on my laptop during the burn.  I suggest if burning downloaded files to do it in two steps.  Download and convert the files to MP4 then burn them to dvdr from your hard drive in a separate step after checking that you have the whole file you wanted. 
WARNING:Be sure to choose custom options and uncheck any extra unwanted software offers when downloading and installing the Freemake Video Converter. 
See Freemake-products-and-malwarebytes info


I try to get as many videos onto a single dvdr as possible and still have standard quality. 
After listing the videos I want to burn and clicking the DVD icon at the bottom of the Freemake Video Converter screen, the next screen may look like this, showing the expected quality as Standard and the timer in Gold:




If Freemake predicts lesser quality (red), I remove enough of the videos to get gold quality.
I then close this screen and edit the titles and order of the videos, keeping in mind the text menu will list 5 titles a page. After all editing is done and the project is ready to burn, I save the project on Freemake by clicking *File* in the upper left corner on the first Freemake screen then *Save Project* on the dropdown menu:


Freemake will save one project at a time in its own hidden folder. 
When ready to burn, open Freemake and go to *Load Project* on the File Dropdown Menu.  
If you change the location of the video files on your hard drive before the burn, you will have to reconstruct the project because Freemake will not find the file you moved.

Summary:
Prepare your project
1.Open Freemake Video Converter (gold)
2.Load and edit the order of the video files you want to burn
3.Save the Project using the File Dropdown Menu
You can skip to step 7 if doing the burn immediately

when you actually want to burn the project to dvdr:
(steps 4, 5 and 6 are optional)
4.Restart the laptop 
5. Open Freemake Video Converter
6.Load the Project using the File Dropdown Menu

7.Insert a blank dvdr
8.Click *to DVD*, choose a menu, and Burn
9.Do nothing else on the laptop till the burn is over

If the burn is still unsuccessful, Freemake now has a support page!
Freemake Support
They also have tutorial and videos
http://www.freemake.com/how_to/how_to_burn_dvd_video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=FLtR-dBt2CE

(note: if you cannot find your videos on your hard drive to load on to Freemake, check the file type default in the lower right corner drop down menu in case the default is blocking your file type)

Lately, I have not been restarting my laptop before a burn but I do close all other programs and do not use the laptop for anything else when doing a burn.  Still a good idea to save the project (step 3) just in case something goes wrong,

No comments:

Post a Comment