Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Chili Pasta

I haven't posted one of my crazy recipes in awhile and since I did it for another forum, decided to share it here as well:

I did pork chops on the Foreman grill
and
a crazy chili pasta concoction made in a single deep frying pan or pot: fresh chopped garlic sauteed in alittle canola oil, rehydrated minced onion, can of Aldi's Black beans, can of Aldi's diced tomatoes in a chili sauce, can of Aldi's Fiesta corn, one to two cans water and a box of small pasta shells.

Can add extra cumin, turmeric, chili powder or any other favorite Tex-mex seasoning, especially if plain diced tomatoes were used. Can use any small shaped pasta or rice instead of pasta too.

Mix everything together, bring to boil, lower flame and cover till water is absorbed and pasta tender, stirring occasionally, adding more water as necessary. Takes about 20 minutes. I never bother to boil pasta separately anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment