Thursday, July 5, 2012

Weird Thyroid/neck Reaction

Yesterday, I had a scratchy throat either from allergies or a possible cold which I nipped with a good night's sleep and Hydrogen peroxide in the ears. After eating some very spicy food, I started to feel a tightness in my throat and neck and saw my goiter looked huge! I have an enlarged thyroid from benign cystic nodes. Started to worry that maybe surgery and thyroid medication was in the near future. I put Arnica gel on my throat which seemed to relieve the sensation and had a night time Tylenol last night to ensure good sleep. Anywho this morning I did wake up with a stiff neck and headache which worked itself out without any medication. Otherwise, neck looks and feels normal today! Of course, while this was going on I didn't realize my back was feeling much better LOL

This morning I warmed up on the bungee to GRDance youtube videos with just the slightest right knee twinge then did the Surfer Girls Cardio while holding a heavier homemade XCO and also the Abs Shred with just slight back twinges. Next alittle Misty's Alive and then the standing routine of Holden's Qigong for the Upper Back and Neck. Still some twinging in left mid back, right lower back/hip and right knee but way less intense than previous days. Was happy to get back on the bungee :)

Here's GRDance on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/GRDanceFitness

No comments:

Post a Comment