Wednesday, April 20, 2022

TV Choices

Our FIOS cable subscription enabled lots of channels and VOD with their set top boxes.

Originally we also had Netflix for awhile because it was accessible on one of our TVs with its Vizio internet apps till I noticed nobody was watching it and the internet app was dropping the access so I cancelled.

Since then we got smart phones and ROKUs so our TV streaming choices have greatly changed.

We have taken full advantage of some spectacular deals like the 99 cents a month Black Friday HULU sub which now has Disney+ added to it for a grand total of  $4 a month.

We had a 4 month free trial of AppleTV+ with a Best Buy code which we kept for just $5 bucks a month.  It was tough to set up and is limited to one profile because we do not own any Apple devices.

I do plan to eventually try an Amazon Prime free trial to catch up on some series and to get free shipping when I need it.

Since Netflix raised its prices and no longer offered a free trial, I have ignored it.
BUT I just read Netflix is considering a cheaper option with ads which is fine since all of our other subs have ads (my husband prefers the pee breaks LOL).

For now, I just discovered Downton Abbey is free on the ROKU Channel.
It is also available free on Peacock and Peacock has fewer and shorter ads!


No comments:

Post a Comment