Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Apple TV Plus Deal from Best Buy

Best Buy is offering a 3 month free subscription to Apple TV Plus which has to be redeemed by March 31st. 

I had to *create* an Apple ID Store account with a credit card to access AppleTV+ besides getting an official Apple ID to use Chrome on my Windows laptop and android Chrome browser because I never had a store account and own no Apple devices.  My free trial started with 7 days then had another 3 months added by redeeming the deal on an email from Best Buy.  It can be cancelled before the free trials end to avoid any billing on the Apple TV+ settings but the free trials will end immediately upon cancellation.  We may keep it for awhile because the subscription just costs $4.99 a month which is more than what we  saved with the Hulu deal.

Luckily, all of our HD TVs have a ROKU Device. 
Optionally, I can also get the Apple TV+ app on my Vizio Smart TV but I prefer using the ROKU.
The only way to cast to a Chromecast on a Dumb TV is from a Chrome browser but the stream does not play as smoothly as on the ROKU.

If you are using a ROKU device for Apple TV and get an error message that a video will not load,
here is a fix that worked for most users:
ROKU settings - Audio settings - change auto detect to HDMI Dolby Digital.


No comments:

Post a Comment