Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Turkey and stuffing on the side

My son requested I post our traditional turkey and stuffing recipes so hopefully one day, someone can make it for him after I am gone.

The night before cooking the turkey, I marinate it inside and outside with the following:
grated carrots,onions,garlic, paprika,  salt and pepper
use about 3 large onion and 7 or more large carrots and a half clove of garlic

the turkey is cooked in the marinade which becomes its gravy
so if you want even more gravy, use more veggies



separately make a bread stuffing which can be pepped the day before:
grate celery and onions and cook till tender in alittle oil
(usually I try to use twice as much celery as onion)

add salt and pepper and whatever herbs you like
crumble and break up whatever bread you want and mix everything
bake about 90 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment