Thursday, June 14, 2018

Nepotism

I know political nepotism is everywhere.

When a teenager in collage, I lost my town summer playground job when my parents had the wrong political party sign on our lawn.  It did not matter how well I did the job in the previous summers.
Even before that, a change in our township committee ended our summer pool swim team which was very popular.   Ironically, the daughter of the man responsible for ending the swim team won our summer playground camp swim races the next summer and would have been a star if the swim team had continued.

Dictators, being more powerful, will be even worse than local politicians when it comes to their special interests.   To see our checks and balances failing so much and enabling the Useless Idiot (UI) to become so powerful in our democracy is still impossible to imagine, even though it is happening.

I, truly, believe the majority of the USA are good people with a moral compass but it is getting harder and harder to remember that as this administration without a moral compass can do whatever, whenever with no restrictions.    I doubt our country will fully recover in my lifetime which makes not having any grandchildren a silver lining. 
Sad that the UI's grandchildren will have to live with his legacy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment