Wednesday, July 31, 2019

WOW instead of Whoo

A extensive study done in 2017 revealed that:
"people exercise for an average of 37 minutes with musical accompaniment, compared to just 22 minutes without music. Also, the heart rates of people exercising to music far exceeded those of people who weren’t listening to music while exercising. The psychological and physical impact of musical accompaniment to exercise is very noticeable and is very likely to positively influence the effectiveness of the workout."

In other words, music can affect the duration and intensity of a workout.

Easy to tweak moves with music are what has kept me moving regularly for over 20 years, starting with TaeBo.  I can tweak most simple moves to feel good while health bouncing on a bungee or even sitting on a chair.

If I didn't like the audio but liked the moves, I used my own music.
Nothing kills a workout session for me quicker than an instructor who screams irritating noises like *Whoo* (a bad habit of most workout video instructors) so I avoid any audio that disrupts the effect of the music on my desire to move.

That being said, it is obvious why WalkingOnlineWorkouts has been my favorite streaming site for over a year with great soundtracks, simple moves, and mostly outdoor scenery.
You can try a sample on youtube
or its free trial on

No comments:

Post a Comment