Sunday, October 9, 2016

Givers and Takers

This election is not picking between a Democrat or a Republican.
This election is not picking between a Woman or a Man.
This election is not picking between Sanity or Insanity.
This election is not picking between Good or Evil.

It is actually about picking between a *Giver* or a *Taker*.

I have been online a long time, starting with a support group for parents of gay kids.
More recently my focus has been sharing an interest in workout videos and being healthier in mind, body and spirit.

The more of my time and energy I have given, the more resentment I have received from people who prefer to TAKE than GIVE.  These *Taker* personalities can become quite toxic.
It is sadly a truth about human nature.

I truly hope the *Givers* outnumber the *Takers* in our country and the world but unfortunately have found some powerful *Takers* (sociopaths) quite good at manipulating others in the middle.
It is called mob mentality.

The GOP, Religious Right, and Trump have opened the door to this toxicity.
I pray this door gets slammed shut but fear this is just the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment