Sunday, October 2, 2016

No Trust in Medicine

From a personal statin story:
https://www.spacedoc.com/articles/my-statin-story-personal-experiences-2?utm_source=October+2%2C+2016&utm_campaign=July+2016+Newsletter&utm_medium=email

"My biggest challenge each day is to control the rage, the anger, the sense of what I have lost for a worthless, poisonous drug that was SUPPOSE to make me healthier, not totally disabled."

The above pretty much described how I have felt the past three years or so, once I realized how taking a statin adversely affected my quality of life.  I am less angry now but still distrustful of the medical community in spite of being employed by a hospital most of my working life.  I ignore my muscle cramps and burning sensations in my feet and hands and tinnitus and just do the best I can without any hope of healing completely.
I doubt I will trust the medical community again.
If I break a leg or arm, I will seek medical help but otherwise, probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment