Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Feeling Better

Last night I took a Tylenol PM and slept well and woke up feeling much better than I have in weeks so



Some of my stress is from our terrible medical system.  I had a bone density done at the same time as a mammography, assuming it was free like previous ones.  I was shocked to find out the insurance plan now charges a $150 copay.   If I had known, I never would have had another bone density.
I received the bill for the copay last week but never received a result.  I called my doctor who was on vacation and his office could not find a result. I made several phone calls to the billing and medical records for the facility without any satisfaction.  I received a call from my doctor's office late last week that they have the results and I should call this week to get them from the doctor.  Well I called and my doctor does not have the results!  His system is supposed to have a direct connection with the radiology department and my results are not there!  Meanwhile, I had already paid the $150 like a jerk.  This is fraudulent.  The insurance company already paid a huge chunk towards the test too.  Now what would have happened if I never picked up the ball that they dropped?
What if it were a serious test with significant results?
This is why I will deal with my condition instead of going for tests and dealing with that stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment