Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Weds. Healthbouncing and Sparks

I am feeling MUCH better this morning but did take a night time Tylenol in the middle of the night cuz woke up at about 2:30am and knew I wasn't falling back to sleep easily so slept in.

This morning I did Richard Simmons Party Off the Pounds first 30 minutes then rested 20 then finished the Party and some Classical Stretch for my second 30 minutes.  I started the Party on the UR then used Fitstix from the *Hit Me with Your Best Shot* song.  Richard Simmons' workouts make wonderful sparks cuz you can pick and choose which songs to do whether choosing a chapter from the dvd or fast forwarding to the desired song on a vhs.  His music really gets me moving :)

Even though I redirected my focus to the 30-20-30 formula for my morning workout, I have been trying to do alittle healthbouncing regularly throughout the day because I know just sitting all day after doing a morning workout is not the best choice.  More and more, prolonged sitting has become a known health hazard.  Rebounding TV suggests that a person only has to get up every hour and healthbounce as little as 10 to 20 bounces to ward off the negative effect of prolonged sitting. Healthbouncing is usually standing on a rebounder and pulsing up and down gently without going completely airborne with both feet off the mat.  A rebounder isn't even necessary for healthbouncing.  You can just stand in place  or sit on a stability ball and pump up and down.

Occasionally my healthbouncing break becomes a full fledge spark if it continues more than 10 minutes which often happens to me once I start moving, especially if the music makes me want to keep going  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment