Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tuesday and Tennis Balls

My husband's lower back has been acting up and I know he doesn't have the patience for the Egoscue Supine Groin Stretch (link to its description is in my favorite links).  So I gave him a couple of tennis balls and told him to just lie on one or two in his painful area and moves around alittle.  At first, he was very reluctant cuz of the pain the ball(s) caused but when he saw how much better he felt afterwards, he has been doing it several times a day and even suggested packing a ball for our AC trips.  Now why did I never think of that????  I can use the ball for all of my trigger point and deep massages while away.   Boy, do I feel dumb for not thinking about that much sooner!  Well at least I did pack and have used a brush for skinbrushing when away which seems to help some of my joint twinging.

This morning I did some Hip Hop Abs with the Fitstix, some of it on the UR then rested then did some barre for the lower body and Classical Stretch.  It is going to be very hot up here the next couple of days so will be doing a lot of walking indoors instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment