Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sunday and Mother's Day

My life really changed on the Mother's Day 11 years ago at the age of 50 when I was very depressed about everything and discovered that regular exercise was my way to climb out of that deep dark hole.  It started with discovering TaeBo through an infomercial and has continued without any derailment since.

Though I saw great physical changes, especially during the first 6 months, it was the emotional changes that kept me moving because I have been more or less plateaued as far as weightloss for over 10 years, in spite of eating mostly healthy and moving regularly.

So I am going to try the following formula to see if it affects the Neverending Plateau:

exercising 30 minutes

resting 20 minutes

exercising another 30 minutes


This morning, I did the first 30 minute cardio workout on the ELLE Make Better Cardio dvd which is currently being shown on Exercise TV while holding my ProJoyFitStix and doing most of it on the Urban Rebounder.  Of course, I modified and did something other than squat thrusts and mountain climbers.

What can I say?  I love my workout toys, um equipment.

Then I rested 20 minutes:

stretching, light healthbouncing and setting up for my next 30 minutes

Then I did 20 minutes of Exercise TV's Cindy Whitmarsh's Incredible Abs 4 thanks to Lindsey's Blog dvd giveaway

http://lindseylu8.blogspot.com 

and some Classical Stretch courtesy of NYCTV PBS to finish the second 30 minute workout session.

During Incredible Abs, I used a homemade 2 to 3 pound XCO trainer instead of a dumb bell (as I said above, I love my toys and really love how kind sliding filler weights have been to my elbows)

Will go into more detail about modifying, Fitstix & other sliding filler weights and rebounding once I get the hang of blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment