Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday and back into the groove

Finally got in an energetic workout this morning!
Warmed up with MUVE on the bungee then did some Body Gospel which made me feel alittle more like my old younger self. Then did some rounds from Rob Forcelli's Speedbody workout while wearing the Shadowboxer belt. GREAT combo!

I see stress from various situations had drained my energy and am realizing how more and more everything is connected and relative in my life and how making lemonade out of lemons has always helped me to move onward, happier and healthier.
Our son coming out as gay drove me onto the Internet to connect with other parents.
Discovering the emotional and physical benefits of video workouts got me even more into the Internet. The Internet, in turn, kept me moving with new ideas.
This all then helped me to adjust to the reality that our other son had Asperger's and would probably be dependent on us forever. Conversely, it helped me adjust to our gay son's decisions to live farther and farther away, landing in London after trying CA.
Enjoying slot machines at an affordable level and appreciating all of the walking opportunities in AC became the perfect way of having some days away from our Aspie son who is capable of caring for himself for several days at a time. Our frequent trips to AC give him some sense of independence and my husband and I a sense of freedom, even if for just a few days.

It's all good, even when something bitter happens.
Just have to keep making that lemonade alittle sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment