Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Economy

WOW
when I went to order a workout dvd from Chiball in Australia after its price had dropped a bit, I was shocked to see how badly the American dollar devalued since 2 years ago!
Even though the dvd is listed lower, it is costing around $12 more!!

2 years ago the American dollar was 1 1/2 times higher in value than the Australian dollar.
Now the American dollar is worth several cents less than the Australian dollar.

I am trying to cancel the order especially if they are just sending me a dvdr clone of the original PAL pressed dvd to be compatible with the US region dvd players. At least, I can resell the pressed dvd if disappointed. Not willing to pay over $40 for a dvdr.

ETA: Chiball customer service generously offered me both the PAL and NTSC dvds plus a red (cinnamon scented) chiball!!! So it is like I bought the whole set two years ago LOL

ETA: Another rant....
We had just started a free trial of Netflix for a plan which included unlimited instant watching ($8) and one dvd at a time for another $2 or ~$10 total. Just got an email from them that they are separating their instant and dvd plans so as of 9/1, they would cost $8 each and twice as much for both or $16. So will be canceling just before the free trial period ends. Not impressed with their instant content or their dvd turnaround.

No comments:

Post a Comment