Friday, July 1, 2011

Busting through the Plateau and AC

So after 12 years of being plateaued, I am suddenly losing about a pound a month since eating healthier. Having healthier food choices in our home to help our son lower his LDL has dramatically improved the last quarterly blood test results for my husband and myself, even though we have both been on Lipitor for a couple of decades.

Since looking for healthier food choices in AC, we started going to the Diamond lounges less and less so the new admittance charge will really not affect us that much. There was one night we brought my cousins to the lounge and they couldn't eat anything both being on salt restriction. It opened my eyes to how unhealthy the Diamond lounge food choices actually were. Last time I was there after the enhancement on the last day there was to be no charge, all of the hot food was fat ladened and there were no healthy vegetables other than cucumbers. Don't think smothered in oil onions and mushrooms were a healthy choice for a vegetable. One thing I love about The Borgata's buffet and Amphora Lounge are their delicious vegetables.

There really is no need to diet and feel deprived at home or when away to improve health.
Just small changes like cutting back on meat portions and having more fiber can easily bring welcomed results.


No comments:

Post a Comment