Friday, December 2, 2016

Imagine

When I was a child, I remember air raid drills and worrying about a nuclear war.

When my children were in school, I worried about bullying.

I cannot imagine what it may be like for children in school today after this nasty campaign and election.  They either have parents at home who believed falsehoods and ignored civility. tolerance and respect for others or parents with empathy and a conscience who have emotionally suffered.  One set of parents let irrational fear take over and the other set now fears the deterioration of our society and world.  No matter which side their parents chose, the home and school environment has suffered.
The children have suffered.


ETA:
on Facebook, a mom shared that her 5 year old daughter asked
"what color am I and does Trump like me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment