Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thurs

This morning I did the second half of Fitstix Cardio Praise, the 10 in 10 from Core&Curves, the first half of the Zodiac Dance and Classical Stretch 630.  

Just before yesterday's workout I pulled my right lower back/hip opening a window. It felt much better after workingout but still felt a twinge on and off throughout the day and was planning to do the Egoscue Supine Groin Stretch in the evening.

A workout buddy suggested 2 stretches to me for my lower back/hip before I killed an hour doing the Egoscue stretch.  One is in a video on youtube using a foam roller from a series called MELT which removed about 90% of the twinge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzv2qIbklqI

The second is simply lying in a doorway, keeping the better side leg extended on the floor and extending the leg from the worse side up on the wall (or door frame).  I only did this for a minute or two and haven't had the slightest twinge since! Usually takes several days, if not weeks for this type of injury to heal completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment