Saturday, October 30, 2010

Thurs to Friday and Saturday

While walking in AC Thursday, my mat replacement had arrived but I was pooped on Friday and planned to replace the mat next week, figuring the sooner I replaced it, the sooner I would know whether the new mat was also defective.

This morning I did some of Bob Harper's new cardio workout which was more of a kettlebell inspired functional strength workout, using mostly my homemade XCO trainers and doing the jumping parts on the Fitness Trampoline. I quickly realized I wasn't going to be doing all of his squats and swings and found the chaptering very good cuz was able to skip easily to the next move when I had enough of the previous one I also did alittle of the butt&balance workout on the same dvd and liked it though nothing really unique about it. Finished with a Classical Stretch that worked the upper body with isometrics alittle differently than Miranda's usual routine.

While using the Fitness Trampoline I noticed a second tear had started on the opposite side of the mat from the larger tear.   I resisted the temptation to stop workingout and replace the mat immediately but got right down to business replacing the mat as soon as my 90 minutes were over.  It was a tedious process but not as bad as I expected and I am pretty sure the mat is from a different batch because it is lying flatter and even seems larger. The paint was flaking off too which didn't happened with the original mat.  I purposely pounded into the weakest areas of the mat and it is holding but of course, I will be watching carefully.
My bare feet likes the new mat more because the area between the mat and petals seems flatter making it seem like the mat is truly extended.

No comments:

Post a Comment