Tuesday, February 7, 2012

DS Rant and Rave

We have an older son following his dream of living and working in the UK.

We have a younger son who has no dreams or motivation.

The younger son has had hearing problems when younger, OCD, and learning disabilities but still graduated college with honors. He is classic Asperger's Syndrome but never was officially diagnosed because his evaluations were done before Asperger's became a part of the Autism umbrella. He has a heart of gold, a wicked sense of humor, and no life. No real social life and no career and cannot have either of these things till he wants them.

Yet he is absolutely brilliant in many ways.
Yesterday, he found 3 different ways to get youtube videos on to our new HD TV!
I am pretty tech savvy for an old broad but he usually pulls a rabbit out of the hat everytime I hit an obstacle online. He doesn't even realize how absolutely capable he is of being a very valued employee for any business using the internet/pcs.

I still have the hope that he will want more from his life and will pursue a more fulfilling life. But for now, he seems happy and maybe my dreams for him will never become his own. Being there for him for as long as I can has been my motivation to move more and eat healthier. Ironically, his OCD has been focused on exercise and eating healthy for almost a year now which has affected my own food choices which in turn, have ended my plateau.

No comments:

Post a Comment