Thursday, April 14, 2011

It's Official! Plateau has ended

It's official!
My Neverending plateau has ended!!!!!

I checked back on my measurements and have maintained lower hips, thigh and waist measurements than the lowest I had recorded for almost a full month now. Think I have lost about ~5 pounds in 2 months. The numbers still seem to be creeping downwards instead of bouncing straight back to my plateau lower limit like they did soon after the only other 3 times the measurements ever really dipped almost this low in the past 12 years.
I believe 2 or 3 things have been working together:
(1) son's intent to eat less fat and more fiber has given me an ally in our meal preparations and choices (lots of beans, beans, and more beans which sounds like a song from *Into the Woods*LOL)
(2) the bungee being in the living room has enabled me do several short intense sparks throughout the day
(3) managing my pain, avoiding pain triggers, and getting decent sleep most nights

My morning workouts have been shorter (40 to 60 minutes) but I move until I feel comfortably *done*. I am trying not to change anything drastically like I have in the past like suddenly adding more duration or intensity.
My appetite has been good but very controllable.

So if this continues several more months, I may have to rename my blog!


ETA: This morning I did the second half of Chris Freytag's Shape Up then level one of Biggest Loser Cardio Max and finished with some Classical Stretch. Used the YogFlex and Fitstix with Chris and a 3lb KB (Kathy Smith's) and 2lb homemade XCOs with Bob. Also used bands I have attached to an old weight machine as an anchor for standing pushups, elbow planks on the YogFlex, and some of the lunges on the tilted Bodyburner.

No comments:

Post a Comment