Saturday, April 16, 2011

Saturday & Body Gospel

I started my workout this morning with *Body Gospel Live!* and found it to be a cardio interval workout. Donna shows a move with varying impacts and arms to add intensity then a second move then puts them together. I did the *together* segments on the YogFlex. I started pooping about 22 minutes into the 30 minutes but continued and really loved the routine around the 26 minute mark!

During this workout, I noticed alot of similarities between the effect of the music and the intensity building to that of Kukuwa's new Adult & Youth *Move Your Boombsey* series so if anyone likes the cardio style of either instructor, will probably like the other. Main difference being Donna is quieter in the Louder music option but I do love Kukuwa's personality so do not mind hearing her. All dvds by both also are chaptered by songs and each song has a different routine. Music-wise, I love moving to both African and Gospel but probably prefer African. Also Kukuwa has more unique movements as does Nia so Kukuwa and Nia have no danger of being dethroned as my favorite workouts by Body Gospel. However, Body Gospel may be challenging my Richard Simmons and Rockin Body stuff. Obviously, music is a huge factor in my workout preferences. If Andrea Metcalf's Keeping Fit had louder music, it would be a contender. Speedbody because of its music is also a contender as is Kathy Smith's Kettlebell dvd with Music only. If I were to base my collection on moves alone, Fitstix Fusion may be my #1. In fact, if I could do Music Only on all of the Fitstix workouts, they would probably become my top favorites. I love to use the upper body and core more while keeping footwork simple. Plus simple footwork usually means having the option of using a rebounder.

Then I did *Sweat & Sculpt* which is the bonus dvd when ordering through Beachbody (or in my case totalfitnessdvds Beachbody site). Not a bad band workout but would have been a band favorite if it had the louder music option. At least Donna was not as screechy and didn't overuse her catch phrases. However, the music was barely audible. The effect was similar to that of the Core Transformer but the Core Transformer workout definitely is tougher.

Finished with *Sweat in the Spirit* which was a very pleasant surprise. I hate stretching but this felt more like a Classical Stretch warmup which I love. :) Can use this one as a warmup, cooldown or even spark cuz had a light aerobic feel to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment