Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thurs URX Metabolic Circuit

When the 13 URX dvds were released, I was totally not interested in any of them, sensing most of the well known professional instructors involved knew less about how to use a rebounder than myself. However, being a huge fan of using bands for resistance I caved on a trade for the Gregg Cook dvd that uses bands. Overall, I will revisit parts of this workout again in spite of it having more negative impressions than positive ones.

My biggest complaint was the distractions of a dumb camera man blocking the moves. Absolutely, the worse editing I have ever seen in a workout video! I almost lost my balance and fell off, the first time this cameraman popped on to the screen and he kept coming back, sometimes staying quite awhile!!!!

My next complaint is the way the UR folks tried to rip off consumers with their special bands. All of the moves with the bands could be done with a standard band under the foot/feet instead of under the legs of the rebounder.

Last and not least, the music was terrible. Too soft and didn't match the moves at all.

The positives were that there were some unique cardio and band moves, enough to make me keep the workout. Since everything gets repeated twice, I can easily fit one routine done once into my daily workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment