Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Bought a *Just Right* New Car

We went car shopping yesterday for the first time in over 10 years. I had done alot of research online to determine my top choices based on mileage, safety, and performance. However, before I would ever buy a car, it has to pass the comfort test for sitting in the darn thing, including the seatbelt. I was getting very frustrated as I crossed one top choice off after another because of the new federally regulated headrests that dug into my head. My neck was feeling out of alignment just sitting in the seats, even though these babies were designed to prevent whiplash. So a salesman had me seat in a car without even knowing which car it was and finally, a comfortable seat! To my surprise it was the Nissan Sentra which is rated #31 out 32 of its category! So we took it for a test drive. My husband said it handled really easily for him and I enjoyed the smooth and quiet ride. Then it was my turn even though I have driven only once in the past 5 years. I LOVED IT!!! I had absolutely no trouble with its brakes, turning and acceleration. Smooth as silk. It is actually the perfect size for us too. Almost midsize with decent mileage estimates. We are on our way to becoming a one car family now because this seems like the perfect around town and highway car for us. Even treated ourselves to the higher end package which included a navigation system, keyless entry and ignition, moonroof, etc. because the package was so reasonably priced. So on the outside, we have what most consider a cheap car but on the inside what we would consider a luxury car and I am betting alot more comfortable than some cars at least 50% more expensive. Will be looking forward to our rides to AC, instead of dreadng them.

No comments:

Post a Comment