Sunday, May 8, 2011

Getting Back to Sleep Tips

A circular I received in the mail had some good tips for those nights that you wake up in the middle of the night and have trouble falling back asleep which ironically happened to me last night and may be why I placed the ReboundAIR outside instead of the Urban Rebounder!
Even when I fall asleep and sleep well, I sometimes wake up in about 4 hours and know I need at least 6 hours not to feel sleep deprived the rest of the day

Warm your feet
suggests to wrap feet in warm washcloths
(I have just filled the tub with warm water and soaked my feet)

Bore yourself (no tv, no internet)
read a dull book or do a crossword puzzle but nothing stimulating

Clear your nose and throat
flush out nasal passages with a Netipot before bed
and use Breathe Rite strips
(I may try using a nasal spray bottle of saline water
which I use when the heat dries out my nasal passages in AC)

Don't eat

Make white noise (again no tv)

Play a mind and body trick
massage the big toes a minute or two

Make a Switch
reverse your head and feet positions
(this has actually worked for me)

other things I have resorted to is a night-time Tylenol or a SleepyTime tea if it is really way too early to get up




No comments:

Post a Comment