Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wednesday Jillian's Ultimate Crosstraining Kit Rave

So I tried something different this morning and will be doing this often! I unplugged my new laptop and brought it near the bungee in the living room and did some clips I had downloaded onto the hard drive without a tv, dvd player or anything electrical. Could have just as easily gone on the web and do the clips from the websites. Anywho, after trying some MUVE clips with the crazy graphics and some without them, I much preferred the MUVE clips without them. The graphics are totally unnecessary and distracting. Can see the moves and follow them much better without the graphics plus the graphics ruined the total effect of the workout for me. Unfortunately, the dvds have the graphics so I have decided not to purchase them for now. It is a shame because they do use great music with an emphasis on fun. Then I went to my workout area in the basement to revisit DanceX for Kids on my YogFlex with Fitstix. It was OK but pathetic in comparison to Kukuwa's Youth dvd IMHO. Of course when I first got DanceX for Kids, I liked it fine but as my collection grows and time to workout shrinks, I have to start re-evaluating workouts. Then I did some TaeBo Amped with my new bar from Jillian's Ultimate Crosstraining kit then tried some of my filler weights with Amped (Fitstix, and homemake XCOs) and liked them more so decided to break up the Jillian bar and try some of Jillian's dvd. I did her kettlebell stuff with my 5lb Kathy Smith KB, her medball stuff without bothering to plug the holes which can be used as handles, and did most of the long bar stuff and really liked it!! The moves with the long bar attached to the 4lb ball really had a unique effect on my core. This kit may become one of my best purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment