Saturday, March 12, 2016

Windows10 Upgrade Pop-up

I like Windows 10 which was an upgrade on a relatively new Windows 8.1 laptop but refuse to upgrade my older Windows7 laptop.

Here is a suggestion for stopping the annoying Windows10 upgrade popup

Uninstall this Windows update:
KB3035583


To find the list of installed updates: I entered Windows update in the Start search box then went to View installed updates

ETA:
Unfortunately this update returned within a few days so I uninstalled it again then changed my update preferences to avoid automatic updates of optional updates.  I now install only the important updates manually. I also *hide* most optional updates by right clicking on them and choosing *hide*.
Just type *Windows updates* in the Start Search box (lower left corner) and go to *check for updates*.

Click to enlarge the photo of my current Check Updates screen

No comments:

Post a Comment