Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Netiquette Rant

I have mentioned before that the anonymity of the internet enables some people to say stuff they wouldn't say in real life, face-to-face. I just noticed it bothers me to read posts by rude people saying rude things even when they are addressing other people than myself, just as much as when directed at me.

VF did get rid of that one extremely toxic person awhile ago but there are still plenty of toxic people online who just say whatever to whomever with no control over their verbal incontinence. Of course, everyone has different opinions, some of which may be more valid than others but there is no need to get nasty if somebody has a different opinion. Just have to remind myself the nastiness is their problem, not mine. Some people have mental and physical disorders which affect their behavior too so I need to have more patience and empathy for those who do not seem to have any for others.

Imagine this world if everyone went around saying whatever they wanted unfiltered!

ETA: This morning I was feeling so much better than I had been as far as stiffness and pain. Unfortunately, I strained my butt/hip area again because I worked out too aggressively. Anywho I warmed up to some Batuka on the Beach then did a bouncing workout on the bungee then did some Tony Little on my Gazelle type thingy, any of which may have caused the strain. Finished with some Nia's Awareness of Ankles as well as some Egoescue techniques which seemed to help.
So there are PIAs online I must avoid as well as a real life PIA because of injury I need to avoid as well.

ETA:
Just did some more of the Nia Awareness of Ankle Joints using my laptop for streaming instead of the dvdr I had burned and could see what to do with the feet much better:
http://www.nianow.com/story/2012/06/nia-class-video-awareness-of-ankle-joints

No comments:

Post a Comment