Tuesday, July 10, 2012

BAK and Katami Bar

Back At Keyboard again after a couple of days in AC. Knees and back are much improved so now a tooth has decided to take over sending pain signals! Oh well, while away I had submitted a bid on an EBay auction for the first time in years and won! I was the only bidder for a Katami bar set which included 2 bars and 5 dvds at a very reasonable price. Auction closed Sunday, I paid online Monday and it is already on the truck for delivery today!
Can y'all guess what my workout will include tomorrow?

ETA:
Ironically, Paul Katami has 50 dented boxes on sale at
http://www.katamifitness.com/shop/katamibar-full-kit/
not sure if these sets are for 5 dvds or 8 dvds
I already had a 6th dvd (Abs) that I had found quite awhile ago.

ETA:
I liked the vhs back in 2005 or so?? The only dvd I acquired prior to the auction was Katami Abs. Always wanted the bars but gave up till recently checking Ebay after a VFer posted some of the dvds on her trade list. Closest thing I could find was holding a pool noodle wrapped in ankle weights LOL

There is very little info about the dvds online but I have determined some workouts have been combined onto less dvds since the first original set of 11 dvds. For example, I now have the combined Impact and Krunch dvd. The ones I do not have and know little to nothing about are Kombinations, Kontrol, and Konnect. Stretch is now combined also but had the vhs on that one. One thing I really like is the standing stuff is first and the floor stuff afterwards so no going down and up and down and up. Wish all workouts were this way since I usually just do standing routines.

So the auction closed Sunday.
I paid on Monday.
and received the package last evening!! WOW

Here's my observation of the bars. The yellow bar is virtually weightless but definitely helps to keep the body in alignment when doing twists, etc. Very easy to hold without aggravating any joints.
The blue bar is heavy enough for me without being too heavy because I do have a chronic tendency towards joint and muscle strain lately. Advanced exercisers would prefer much heavier bars, medballs or kettlebells but these seem just right for me. A way to use muscles differently while protecting the joints. Absolutely no strain on my wrists, elbows and shoulders and alignment seems better for my hips and lower back.

If you like Paul Katami, prefer less intensity and working with a single weight like I do, these are definitely worth a try. The dvd moves are repetitive so not ready to order the 3 missing dvds (Kombinations, Kontrol, and Konnect) through Amazon for more $$ than I paid for the whole EBAY set. If anyone caves for Paul's deal, please share which dvds you received. I would love to trade for the missing ones. If nothing else, share a review of the lesser known ones so I can determine whether I am willing to cave on any of them.

I intend to show a few clips of the dvds as I do them on my blog over the next week or so. Paul was not as well known when this system emerged. Too bad because if he were to have developed this system more currently, it probably would have been a huge success.

No comments:

Post a Comment