Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sandy Aftermath

What I really missed was having no connection to the outside world. In the old days, our landline may have still been functioning. Thank goodness, there are still radio stations a very old battery powered radio could receive even though some of the stations lacked juice to transmit. Everytime a radio announcement would give a phone number or website to go to, I wanted to SCREAM. We had no idea from day to day who had power, what supermarkets or restaurants were opened, etc. A local bagel place running on a generator has earned our loyalty forever. Amazing what a hot cup of fresh coffee and a hot egg and cheese sandwich can do. How I wish I hadn't chucked my stove top coffee maker. Otherwise, we ate well being stocked up on healthy canned and dry goods.
Wish I had the foresight to put our perishables into a doubled insulated bag with ice cuz the bag still had ice this morning but I kept expecting the power to go on in time to save them. Also wish I kept my old oven which I could light with a match.
Wish gas and oil furnaces weren't dependent on electric thermostats.
Wish I had realized we had hot water and would continue to have hot water all along instead of finding that out several days into the week of no power.

Most of all Wish power is restored ASAP and folks who lost everything enjoy beautiful new homes.
If it weren't for our amazing governor, many more lives would have been lost. I went from a Christie Hater to a Christie Lover. He showed a true leader transcends politics. It is a shame he ruined his political future with the Republican Party being a leader first and a politician second.  Still wish he hadn't vetoed Gay Marriage in NJ but at least believe if given the chance would Man-Up and admit he was wrong to do so once he realizes how he has hurt so many of his constituents in an effort to support the Republican platform.

Best part of being hit by Hurricane Sandy:
no phonecalls including robo-calls and campaign calls :)

Since youtube has proven to be accepting of my music added videos, I will eventually make them public instead of unlisted.

No comments:

Post a Comment