Friday, December 7, 2012

MUsic makes a difference

This is something I wrote this morning on www.videofitness.com in response to somebody having  stress because of her current employment options and not getting what she needed from her usual workout choice to relieve some of that stress:

Moving to music is what keeps me out of a funk.
Bottomline, if a workout isn't helping your mood, try another.

Just recently, our world was a bit turned upside down when Sandy hit our area and we lost electricity for a week. To go outside for a walk was darn dangerous with tree limbs constantly threatening to fall as well as wires down. People were driving haphazardly because of debris. There were gas and food shortages. Our area looked like a war torn area for a good few weeks. I even missed a visit with our son who lives in London and was in NYC that week. There was no mass transit and our cell phone tower was more down than up.

True, we had a roof over our head and plenty of canned goods and compared to many, we were darn lucky. I still got into a funk and it was going deeper and deeper each day. The only thing that kept my sanity was my laptop and some workouts with music I had on it. I rationed myself 10 to 15 minutes a day and my battery lasted till electricity was restored. I cannot describe how that 10 minutes of *normalcy* restored me.


I couldn't relate day-to-day on this blog how my workout video files with music were helping me cope because we had no internet.  It took me quite a few weeks to feel completely *normal* again.  MUsic doesn't just keep me moving but relieves stress and lifts my mood.  If your workout isn't doing that for you, find another.  Just visit my youtube channel till you click on something that makes you want to MUve.

ETA:
I just did the first segment of Leslie's Holiday walk on and off the bungee then the UR then the tilted Body Burner, sometimes holding Fitstix and worked up a good sweat then did Richard Simmons Uptown, working my upper body with a short ring type band.

No comments:

Post a Comment