Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday and Family Health

This morning, I warmed up on the bungee to Kukuwa then did the standing part of the Firm's Express kettlebell workout but afterwards skipped around the whole standing routine and saw it included alot of stuff I like to do that weren't in the Express version so will do the whole standing routine tomorrow. Then I did the rest of the standing routine from Smartbell Basics and finished with Classical Stretch.

When I was avoiding the UR and my HDL went down a bit, I think I was avoiding all higher impact and intensity because of lower joint pain. So it may not be just rebounding, itself, that helped increase my HDL but having a comfortable bungee that enabled me to workout harder. I have read that more intense exercise affects the HDL moreso than just walking so will try to get the whole family doing more intensity than we have been. Even though the doctor said DH's cholesterol tests were ok, I saw a real rise in his total cholesterol and LDL as well as a lowering of his HDL and if he continues on this path may need a higher dose statin. So in a way, Marc's elevated LDL and fear of starting a lifetime drug may make the whole family eat and move healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment