Tuesday, February 22, 2011

new Kukuwas

At first, I was going to add my initial impression to the new Kukuwa series I received in the mail today to my other post but then decided these are so darn special that they needed a new post of their own.

The Adult dvd has two separate 30 minute workouts on it (Intermediate and Advanced) plus short instructionals for each workout.

OK I have only done the first song from the Adult Intermediate workout which was supposed to be a warmup. Well if this is an intermediate warmup, I best follow the modifier for the rest if I want to survive to collect my first social security check next month!

The music is amazing: African with vocals.

The moves are simple to learn and lots of fun but very intense. Many moves are bungee friendly but doubt the upper body will work with Fitstix because the moves are fast.

The instructional chapter goes through the moves slowly with Kukuwa and even has music playing so you can do the instructional as a warmup or cooldown.

If the rest of these songs are nearly as good as the first, Nia's Unplugged may be facing a demotion as my favorite workout. However, I am not going to rush through all of the songs so I can savor each and every one of them.

ETA: just did another spark starting with the 2nd and 3rd instructionals from the Intermediate workout on the bungee then the second and third songs on the floor. Very sneaky ab work!! The dvd is chaptered beautifully for my sparks.

No comments:

Post a Comment