Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tues, vcd wos &Disco Dojo

Yesterday afternoon as a spark, I did some more snow and ice relocating. Again no new complaints from my elbows, etc. :)

The bulk of todays' workout was stuff I had downloaded online: from Exercise TV All Systems Go warmup, 2 Tracey Mallet warmups, and Michael Carson's medball workout. Also from youtube Dance Dance Dance and a Zumba routine. Some stuff was done on the bungee, alittle band and alot of medball. Then I did some Qigong and Classical Stretch to finish.

I do not have anyway of burning a dvd but I have gotten my dinosaur of a computer to download some stuff online using a FireFox browser plugin Download Helper which also converts the videos to mpg files making them playable on MS Media Player which in turn burns a video cd of them. My cheap Craig dvd player from RiteAid can play these files :) Necessity is the Mother of Invention. Having a frugal lifestyle has made me into quite an inventor.

ETA: just did a spark using Scott Cole's Disco Dojo and really liked it!

I only did 14 minutes cuz that is how long I like to spark so only did the warmup and first combo. I did use my Fitstix which probably added to the intensity and actually sweated and am still sweating. The movements are all pleasant, some actually unique and no dreaded moves, repetitions or TIFTTing. The music is loud enough to keep me moving and though not anywhere as good as it could have been, good enough thanks to the moves and flow of the workout and Scott's familiar voice. Tried it on the floor and not sure how it'll work with the bungee but eventually will try it bouncing.
Overall, really liked it. Could have been a love it if better music but still a perfect workout for sparking, no dread factor, and perfect intensity.

No comments:

Post a Comment