Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Weds

This morning I tried to warmup to JayLo Fitness Combo chapter but had to *Jonni O* it which in VideoFitness lingo means eject it. Definitely the worse workout I ever tried, let alone overpaid for, and just don't expect Johnny Loper to develop into a fitness dvd superstar as I thought from his video clip entered into just such a contest. If he wins that contest, I will not purchase his dvd no matter how good the clip may seem. He, obviously, doesn't get what a home exerciser wants and is so far off base, I just do not see him evolving enough. Kudos to his background exercisers for doing his tedious workout but I am just neither masochistic enough to make myself do it nor sadistic enough to watch them endure it again. But hey, they do sort of deserve what they got for letting Johnny's *choreography* (and I am using that term very loosely) go to press without giving him some feedback.

So for a warmup, I did Contenders Club Speedbody 18 minute workout which has great loud music plus a variety of moves in short sets of reps so the time flies by. Cannot avoid seeing the differences in these two workouts dvd styles since I received them on consecutive days. The only thing they have in common is loud pumping music.

Then I did just the Clinic from Paul Katami's Kettlebell Combos/Kombos. I liked this much more than other kettlebell technique dvds I have tried. Wish the music were louder but probably was focusing on Paul's tips moreso this way. His first tip of wearing wrist bands to cushion the wrists really helped! Only used my little red Kettlenetics kettlebell instead of the 8lb one but got a nice workout without aggravating my elbows. Expecting butt DOMS tomorrow :)

Finished with Classical Stretch.

I am thinking of doing bungee and Fitstix cardio for a warmup then a chapter of Paul's Kettlebell stuff and finishing with Classical Stretch or even barre/ballet for the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment