Saturday, September 24, 2011

Annual Health Exams

This morning I did the 4th routine from Misty's Delicious Dance, mostly on the bungee then the second chapter of Kettlebell Bootcamp then some Redefining Abs Training (standing abs) and finished with the first half of the low weight pre-mix of Zero to Sixty with Fitstix. Zero to Sixty was very good with Fitstix!

I think Misty on the bungee is really agreeing with me. Joints feel good, energy level good, sleeping well, and weight is slowly creeping downwards again.

Was alittle upset by some results of our annual physicals.
It seems like every year, our doctor has to find something.
Like last year he tricked me into a colonoscopy because my red blood cells looked like I could be becoming anemic. Colonoscopy was normal as were my blood cells on the following blood test. Had to pay a much higher co-pay because the colonoscopy procedure was diagnostic instead of a preventive screening. DH has joked about having one now that it is free just to get even with the insurance company but still refuses after serving on a jury case about a colonoscopy that went bad.
Then the year before my Triglycerides were really high then returned right back to normal the next blood test, making me believe it was a lab or human error.
Then one year he wanted my husband to have a stress test immediately, making it sound like DH was going to drop dead any second. Stress test (done on my birthday which meant canceling our AC trip) was normal and it was probably a faulty EKG.

Well it was DH's turn again this year. DH who has had a history of hematuria 10 years ago suddenly when he was taking alot of Excedrin for headaches because of retiring and worrying about money has it again, probably from over-using aspirin. Do not understand why he has to pop 2 Excedrins whenever in pain (sore throat or headaches) instead of taking a Tylenol and then one Excedrin if the one Tyenol doesn't work. However, this time, his PSA level is also up over the normal level so he has to see a urologist and be checked for prostate cancer and even if negative, may have to be screened for the rest of his life and he hates tests, etc. I know, who doesn't? If I hadn't taken the bull by the horns and immediately called and set up the appointment, he never would have his prostate checked.

My own numbers though ok showed an increase in categories that showed a nice decrease last time so were overall disappointing to me. It did motivate me to eat even healthier which is a good thing cuz I was starting to cheat more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment