Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday Revisiting Bounce Camp

This morning I did the warmup and first circuit from Bounce Camp wearing shoes since they do. I tried to modify minimally to get more of a feel for its intensity. Sometimes the cardio got pretty intense but I could do about 85% of it without modifying. It does get quite intense if you focus on pushing into the mat with feet, pumping the lower body as suggested. Again, the thing that bothers me most about this workout is the cardio is at the end of each circuit with no way of skipping right to it. IMHO the rebounder is intended for cardio more than strength so would have preferred more cardio with chaptering or a premix that was cardio heavy.
Next I revisited the Firm workout that uses weighted balls with straps for AWT with an emphasis on the core but I used my light kettlebells instead. I really felt some of the moves, maybe because of some DOMS.
Finished with a couple of songs from Soul Sweat while holding chiballs to focus more on the upper body. Something about this workout doesn't click for me in spite of its beautiful music and Nia-like moves. Some moves feel rushed and awkward but doing them halftime with more of an upper body focus makes it feel *Just Right*.

No comments:

Post a Comment