Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Esmonde Technique

This site has Classical Stretch pdf book excerpts:

http://www.classicalstretch.com/CSBookex.pdf

Just discovered this link thanks to VF and think it clearly explains the Esmonde Technique, otherwise known as Classical Stretch which was created by Miranda Esmonde-White. I know after trying it on and off for years that it is finally clicking for me and truly helping. At first, it was the music and TaiChi-like movements that attracted me. Now it is seeing my joints getting more range of motion and feeling less pain. My main focus when workingout has been feel good cardio. Now I am finally balancing it with feel good strength and stretching. Yoga never clicked for me so Classical Stretch is a wonderful addition to my workout routines.

Miranda's routines are expensive on dvd but readily available on many PBS stations. Her most recent season #8 is definitely my favorite because of some new moves that have clicked for me but I will be revisiting previous seasons, applying what I have learned thanks to season 8.
Some of her routines are available online too.
There are many Classical Stretch clips on vimeo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment