Friday, December 9, 2011

Sticks.1

Since wearing my Walkfit Platinum inserts, I haven't had any pain in my left foot/ankle till this morning when barefooted so am again wearing them 24/7 except when sleeping.

I warmed up on the bungee to some Richard Simmons. Last night I switched to the skirtmat so I would remember to wear shoes and wanted to give the skirtmat another try because my improved petal mat arrived shortly after the skirtmat. The skirtmat feels a bit more bouyant and I can feel the plastic connectors even when wearing shoes more than I can barefooted on the petal mat but want to see which I actually prefer so will be trying various rebounding workouts after my foot is fully healed. Right now, our son is very into jogging and doing jumping jacks on the bungee with the cooler weather making walking outside less comfortable.

Next I tried the first few chapters of Sticks.1 which I tolerated but didn't love. The combos are presented with some TIFTTing and have more complicated footwork than I prefer though I can modify them into movements I prefer but the stick moves aren't as interesting as I had hoped. There is some sort of a twirl she does that doesn't seem worth the bother to learn. Overall, the Fitstix workouts have much better moves and the only advantage to Sticks.1 is a more pleasant and softer voice. Actually, I can get a much better workout using the Fitstix with other workouts not designed for sticks. Will try chapter 4 and the mini workout versions before making the final decision of whether it is a keeper.
Next I did some biceps with a band following Cathe's Slide & Glide chapter.
Next I did some of the lower body from a Mindy Mylrea Gliding workout which I liked alot and finished with JB's second foot and ankle rehab routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment