Friday, December 23, 2011

Oatmeal! Christie, BBL, Gliding, CS

This morning I warmed up on the bungee to Christie Taylor's online videos then did some BBL High and Tight then some Cathe Gliding and finished with CS Back Pain. Back/right hip problem kicked in during the routine! But Miranda gave a move near the end that reversed the problem. Seems like most of my hip/back pain is triggered when the front of my hip is tight (hip flexors) so whenever I stretch the back of my hip, I am tightening the front! My knee feels much better this morning even though it was pretty stiff last night. What I am mostly feeling today are Ab DOMS which is rare and some thigh DOMS.

I am losing measurements off my hips, thigh and waist even though my weight is the same so guess I am losing fat while building muscle which is a good thing. One thing that is definitely helping to burn fat is substituting oatmeal in recipes calling for bread crumbs. Oatmeal has become a wonderful substitute for breadcrumbs in meatloaf, oven baked chicken and in what we used to call Italian Matzoh Ball soup.
Last night I made a soup that looked like Italian Wedding soup but substituted small balls made out of oatmeal (about 1 1/2 cups), egg, Parmesan cheese (about 1/4 cup, alittle lemon juice and other seasonings for the traditional meatballs. I add alittle olive oil or more oatmeal till it feels like the right consistency for handrolling into balls. First I boiled some Cottage Inn low fat chicken broth (2 cans) with equal amounts of water then dropped the balls of the oatmeal mix into the broth and boiled it awhile then added alittle canned spinach chopped up and alittle of those tiny pasta beads/balls. Alittle of the spinach and pasta go a long way. Not only was it the best tasting Italian Wedding soup we ever had, it was so much healthier!
We get huge containers of whole oatmeal at Aldis for less than $2. Also the canned spinach.

ETA: just did a nice CS spark :)

No comments:

Post a Comment