Thursday, October 11, 2012

Don't Know til I Try

I notice many mornings when I think I feel energetic, my workouts do not always go as well as expected.  Ironically, on other days that I doubt a real workout will happen, something kicks in and I feel great.  This morning I almost skipped working out, not feeling well and having a scratchy throat.  Once I started muving, I felt so much better!  Again music was the key to make me muve.  Also notice this on days when I have an injury.  Always feel better to muve than let the injury derail me and actually radiate even more to surrounding areas, trying to avoid using the injured area.   Injuries happen.  Some of the worse happen without a result of a workout move like from a sneeze or a cough or just reaching for something too suddenly.  Muving helps to heal injuries and to prevent new injuries from otherwise happening.   All joints have to be loosened and  lubricated.  All muscles have to be used in contractions and extensions   A painful injury doesn't mean you cannot work other parts of your body.  Even if all you can wiggle is a toe, just do it!
During previous decades, I remember so many extended periods of pain from back and shoulder  injuries which would have healed so much faster if I had kept moving instead of becoming a vegetable afraid to move.  I heal so much faster at 63 than I did at 33.

Anywho I warmed up on the bungee to the three songs that I had uploaded to my blog (and filemail) with Reggae music added to Hamelin D'abell cardio.  I didn't always do exactly what he was doing, tweaking moves to what I prefer to do on the bungee and to my own beat.  Really enjoyed it and had to fight against doing the next combination of songs LOL
Next I did some of his online upper body toning.  I dropped even the light weights because my shoulder twinged and did half the reps slower and isometrically and really felt them.  Then I did a couple of Classical Stretches to catch up a bit since my trip to AC.  Was feeling really good till I did a hip stretch which actually made my hip worse so I rolled on a tennis size ball to release the knot.  All is well now.  Everything feels better than it did before the workout, including my throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment