Friday, January 4, 2013

OMG!

I was reorganizing my pombarb youtube channel a bit, getting featured playlists and a featured video on the opening page and saw alittle green arrow in the right lower corner of the featured video and it opened Freemake Video Downloader!  Didn't even know I had that simple option though I had downloaded the Freemake Video Downloader program awhile ago.  I usually use Realplayer or copy the url to Freemake Video Converter *Paste a URL* for downloads.

Anywho I uploaded most of my Gin Miller Ramp workouts and may add another one and maybe a Leslie WalkBlaster.  Leslie's Walkblaster is the same piece of equipment as Gin's Ramp.  Both instructors had these workouts recorded on Good Times media.   Good Times went bankrupt and Gaiam bought their content.   I doubt Gaiam gives a darn about Ramp/Walkblaster workouts.  One of the Good Times vhs I bought new for almost $20 and played only once or twice was already showing some deterioration.  I do not understand how copyright laws created before vhs are still in play now that vhs are deteriorating.  There is a *Fair Use* policy which has 4 different factors.  I believe I am following 3 of the 4 and definitely the most important one of not interfering with the profits of the copyright owner.  I think I could have contested Zumba's youtube strike against me.  My one big factor I am violating is uploading more than a sample of a video but I am doing so more for preservation of the content and archiving than any other reason.

Love how some people expect me to upload stuff they can easily buy new online or offline at a brick and mortar store.  No Way!!!!  I am not jeopardizing my youtube account and committing copyright infringement to save people a few bucks.
Then there are those who complain about my MUsic.  Adding MUsic was and is my main motivation for capturing video.  Even most of the videos I add MUsic to can be found online in their original form.  Most are pretty darn cheap in *Used* condition on Amazon.  Much cheaper than I paid when *New* in most cases.
Yes, I can offer some variety to Vidiots so they can save some money as well as discover new ways to move BUT Vidiots still need to support their favorite instructors and vendors.
I am a People Pleaser but have to set some limits.

ETA:
This mornings' workout

No comments:

Post a Comment