Sunday, January 20, 2013

Love/Hate Relationship with Youtube

This morning I wasn't feeling well, waking up too early with lots of aches and pains so while having some coffee, I put my HDTV with internet apps on and started watching my youtube channel.   When a Jessica Smith video started playing with MUsic I had added, I actually jumped up and joined in.
Jessica Smith's new low impact style is perfect for our HDTV in the den because I have limited space there and a creaky floor I do not trust to jump on.  She has so many wonderful feel good moves that I follow her more closely than most other instructors.  Her new Fusion style is the best of walking and Nia combined. After a couple of Jessicas', I wanted to rebound in the basement so I popped in a dvdr of some Leslies' which youtube had banned to which I had added MUsic. Well at least Gaiam didn't give me strike like Zumba!  I really am burnt out on Leslie but I didn't want to waste these vhs I had so I did more my own thing to them instead of following Leslie but couldn't help but wonder how many Leslie fans would enjoy the music.  Sad I cannot share them.

Then there is the Zumba people giving me a youtube strike for totally out-of-print and unavailable content (Zumbando Special K offers and Rapidos).  Crazy thing is that Zumba instructors are all over youtube using copyrighted songs and routines. Also I have seen alot of Zumba's newer content uploaded. That strike has made uploading longer than 15 minute workouts a real PIA.  Also has made me fearful of having ALL of my youtube uploads deleted.  Most people just watch part one of a workout with multiple parts so it is a real waste of my time to upload full workouts, especially when I have no personal interest in the whole workout.  I started out adding my own music before getting into uploading to youtube. Once I saw how much easier it was to *store* these video files on youtube than dvdr, I really got into uploading.  Then I wanted to store some of my favorite vhs content on youtube before the vhs died. Then I decided to share and make these uploads public.  Along the way I lost my focus, uploading content upon request, content I had no intention of using myself.   There is something for everyone on my youtube channel but I need to set limits and stop being a people pleaser.

ETA:
The Nia Awareness of Chest is now uploaded!
http://www.nianow.com/story/2013/01/nia-class-video-awareness-of-chest

No comments:

Post a Comment