Monday, October 10, 2011

Moving Just Right

This morning on the bungee with minimal tweaking, I did the first Short&Sweet Routine from Family MUVE then the Volleyball leaps from Breathless then second half of P90X CardioX. Ironically, when I first did CardioX before I had a bungee rebounder, I had written not to revisit it. Well, the bungee made a huge difference!!! The rollups are really easy and comfortable with the bungee petal mat.

Then I switched to the floor while holding Fitstix and did the first half of Capoflex upper body which really works the whole body aerobically. Finished with the hands and Torso Zip from Karen Andres Temple Dance. The Torso Zip has hip warmers I never did before that really felt good on my chronic right hip/lower back twinge.

Some professional trainers and therefore, exercisers are very focused about keeping weights separate from cardio. Some are even the same way about keeping upper body, lower body and core resistance training separate. Some are the same way about intensity, speed, and duration. I believe all movement requires using muscles so do not see any need to separate any movements from another or having to do a certain intensity, speed, and duration for *results*. I just keep moving, listening to my body, modifying anything that doesn't feel right and offering it what to seems to want to do. I trust my body more than what professional trainers claim I need because the only result I am interested in is feeling good before, during and after a workout. My mind and body know what I need more than anyone else. What is *Just Right* for me. Bottomline, the best way to keep moving is enjoying the movement.
Last week on the Biggest Loser, an injured contestant who was greatly restricted in her exercise choices lost the most weight so why do they have to push these people so hard, risking injury??? The one thing I hate about this show is the message they are sending about "No pain, No gain". Or no pain, no huge loss.
Another thing about this season which seems unfair was the age group that ran/walked a mile to the trainers first got to choose their trainer. Of course, the first group chose the veteran trainer Bob and have been winning all challenges and weighins since. It isn't all Bob because this group were the most fit from the beginning!!!
Got to say I am loving the new trainer Dolvett :)

No comments:

Post a Comment