Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Ellen and Jessica

This morning I started with the Ellen Barrett 30 minute walk from a WeightWatchers set to which I had added MUsic.  The MUsic was great but the moves repetitive so I mostly freestyled, doing the first 15 minutes on the bungee then rotating in the Stability ball and Fitstix for the rest.  

Then I revisited Jessica's Total body Balance dvd, doing most of the Sole Sculpt with my  Zumba Stix and adapting her mat moves to the stability ball and bungee then alittle of the Core Stretch.

I am really going to make an effort to visit and revisit some of my other workouts but it is really hard because Jessica's stuff keeps calling my name.  When looking for the dvdr with the Ellen Walk, I saw dozens of routines I never even tried yet and this was just some of the more recent dvdrs I had burned.  I have hundreds of dvds and vhs collecting dust.
Jessica's routines are perfection for me. She has just enough interesting tweaks on moves to keep me interested yet simple enough to enable some tweaking of my own.  Her moves can easily work on the bungee, stability ball and with Fitstix.  Best of all, the MUsic I have added is so much better than most pressed dvd workouts.  Hopefully, one day her sound system will be playing clearly so I can enjoy her cuing, and tips as well.

Some people prefer complicated choreo and learning a hard to follow routine with lots of Taking It From the Top to learn the routine. I never liked group dances like line dances or memorizing routines when I was a cheerleader. Rather than play *Follow the Leader* or *Simon Says*,  I prefer using my mind and body to feel good and finding/creating new ways of moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment