Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Chrome Video Fixes

My RealPlayer stopped downloading when using the Chrome browser.
Sometimes Realplayer will download on sites that Freemake Video Converter cannot access like the Nia blog. And I hate it when something stops working LOL
so I searched for a solution and just tried a solution I found online and it worked!!!

Go to your chrome plugins by entering the following in your address bar:
chrome://plugins/

then click on *details* in the right corner if the categories are not expanded to see all options

then choose to *disable* the first shockwave flash plug in
which reads

C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\21.0.1180.60\Peppe rFlash\pepflashplayer.dll

then I restarted my pc and the Realplayer download button was back.

If this doesn't work then try reinstalling or updating Realplayer after disabling the first shockwave flash plugin.
Being stubborn when stuff stops working has enabled me to find lots of great fixes.

ETA: I had to do this again but this time it worked without restarting the laptop after disabling the first shockwave plugin.

ETA: here is another Chrome fix if you get a green screen:
right click on the video
go to settings
go to the tab that has a box checked for hardware accelerator and click to disable it

No comments:

Post a Comment