Saturday, September 1, 2012

Facebook, Forums and Nuts

There are alot of Nuts online.
People who are online to create havoc because of some sort of mental problem: Cyberstalkers, trolls, bullies, etc.
There is no real way of knowing if any of these nuts may cross the line and become a physical threat in real life to their target.
An information travel forum made me more aware than ever that these nuts breed and thrive on the internet and unite with one another creating a Mob Mentality, treating other people disrespectfully like those kids did to their bus aide.
Online, it is mostly childish Sticks and Stones but Cyber stalkers and bullies have sometimes crossed that line.
Being naive, I had used Facebook to sign onto other forums and recently realized what a huge mistake that was. It made my face, name and location exposed to a couple of these nuts!

I try to ignore and avoid these toxic personalities but they truly are everywhere and there is no telling how far any of them will go to feel powerful.

ETA: Anywho this morning I danced with Caitlin and finished Dance Aerobics on the bungee then did most of CS 707 and some 708 till I got distracted and started to search for some missing CS episodes which I eventually found. LOL

This routine was great for standing abs!


ETA:
We just went out to dinner to a marvelous Japanese buffet to celebrate DH's birthday. I bit into a piece of lobster and a piece of shell got caught in the space between my last two upper teeth. Not only was it uncomfortable but it threw my whole bite off. After trying unsuccessfully to pry it out with dental floss and toothpicks, I had some green tea ice cream which actually contracted the teeth just enough to pry the thing out. It was teeny tiny sliver the size of a comma. Couldn't believe such a tiny piece could cause such discomfort!
Anyway, all is well and thanks to the incident we avoided over-eating badly.

I am sooo thankful DH's dinner wasn't completely ruined and I didn't have to find a dentist in the middle of a holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment