Friday, April 27, 2012

Taking It Easier but still Sweating

After being exhausted most of yesterday after a rather rigorous morning workout for me, I decided to take it easier today but still muved and sweated plenty. What was I thinking doing most of Jump Force in one workout session?? I was caught up in the moment with adrenaline pumping and forgetting that my body would go boom the rest of the day after the workout.

This morning, I warmed up on the bungee to some of the cardio in Just Right Cardio then did the rest of Nia's Tendons and Ligaments online class then did the chair part of Knee Rehab since my right knee and hip were acting up after Nia's floor stuff then did the third Yoga Dance Water Workout, skipping the floor stretch which I should have done with Nia!

I am finding more and more that most hip stretches aggravate my right hip. For example, my right hip was fine till I did some of Debbie's floor stuff for Ligaments and Tendons. These moves are supposed to help, not hurt the hip! It's crazy how I keep retrying stuff I know I shouldn't, expecting different results than what I seem to always experience. Just have to accept that my flexibility is different than others and promise myself to listen more to my own body and avoid all moves that my joints do not want to do which is just about anything on the mat/floor. Thank goodness the downward dog I did yesterday only temporarily affected my left elbow, just enough to let me know never to try anything with straight elbows again. It took years to undo the damage done to my elbows between snow shoveling, heavy biceps curls and planks. Once a joint becomes vulnerable, I must protect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment